Plants have always been used in healing, even in ancient times. Essential oils are extracted from different parts of plants. Each oil has a individual scent and therapeutic properties. Most of the oils have antibacterial, antimicrobial and antiviral properties. Oils are used usually in synergistic combination to massage the body or a particular body part depending on the condition being treated A wide range of condition can be treated with aromatherapy.
Benefits of Aromatherapy:
• Induces relaxation and releases emotional stress
• Restores balance and energy
• Stimulates circulation and lymph flow
• Lifts depression and aids sleep
• Eases muscular aches and pains
• Helps with skin problems and recovery from illness
• Balances the systems of the body to help promote a sense of wellbeing and inner peace and harmony
Massage has a long history as a means of healing and maintaining the health of the mind and body. Massage stimulates blood and lymph circulation, releasing toxins and strengthening the body’s immune system. It aids digestion and releases muscular tension. Massage treatments restore balance in the body and produce a feeling of wellbeing.